Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Sunday 7 February 2010

Wargames Illustrated

Finished the February edition of Wargames Illustrated. There are mixed views in my club since this publication was taken over by Battlefront, the Flames of War people.

Several say it has just become a house magazine for Flames of War on the Games Workshop, White Dwarf model. Not sure I agree. Yes, there is a lot of FoW content but it is easily adaptable for other WW2 rulesets. Plus there is plenty of non FoW content as well. I particularly enjoyed the Battle of Stresow piece by the Borders Reivers Club. There is colonial, napoleonic, vietnam buildings and the usual reviews. Plenty of non FoW advertising as well.

So for the present I for one will carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment