Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Wednesday 30 June 2010

British in Egypt

Latest additions to the British in Egypt project have left the workbench.

These are the 27th Foot, one centre and one flank company of 18 figures each. The figures come from the Victrix range of hard plastic figures. I picked up these figures as the subscription offer with last year's Wargames Illustrated sub. The detail on the figures is excellent. A bit fiddly to assemble and I would have been happy with less variety. You also forget how light they are, falling over at the slightest touch.

Still they are very good value and one friend told me that he puts one metal figure with two plastic ones for stability. Might try that next time. These figures will see action at the GDWS display game, Alexandria 1801 at the Claymore wargames show in August.




No comments:

Post a Comment