Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Thursday 2 September 2010

Fiat CR.32 Aces

A couple of train journeys help to catch up with some reading. My latest is the new Osprey, 'Fiat CR.32 Aces of the Spanish Civil War' by Alfredo Logoluso.

The Fiat CR.32 bi-plane fighter had a poor reputation in WW2. However, it was the mainstay of the Nationalist air force and their Italian allies in the Spanish Civil War. It performed well, even against more modern Soviet monoplane fighters, like the Rata. The top ace was a Spaniard, Castano, with 40 confirmed kills.

The book gives a description of the campaigns the plane fought in and the top pilots. Together with the usual fine collection of photies and colour plates. I just need to find some models now for my SCW project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment