Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Friday 13 April 2012

Fort Paull

A trip to Hull to visit my partner's mum over Easter didn't hold out much in the way of historical interest. However, I did manage a visit to the York model railway show and picked up some scenic bits and bobs as well as admiring the modelling skills.

Hull's latest tourist attraction is the renovated Fort Paull on the banks of the Humber Estuary. The original fort was built in 1542 and the current version in 1864 although updated for use in WW2.

A team of volunteers have done a good job with a variety of exhibits and display rooms. Well worth a visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment